Review in Word Document this message by clicking on the following link: TRUST Part One a Word from God written on 11.26.17 by Miriam S Stevens aka Essence of Myrrh
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF TRUST? (Part One) By Miriam S. Stevens, a.k.a. “Essence of Myrrh”
Proverbs 3:5-7 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Trust in and rely confidently on the LORD with all your heart
And do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
[a]In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him,
And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD [with reverent awe and obedience] and turn [entirely] away from evil.
A Father’s Instruction
4 Hear, O children, the instruction of a father,
And pay attention [and be willing to learn] so that you may gain understanding and intelligent discernment.
For I give you good doctrine;
Do not [a]turn away from my instruction.
When I was a son with my father (David),
Tender and the only son in the sight of my mother (Bathsheba),
He taught me and said to me,
“Let your heart hold fast my words;
Keep my commandments and live.
“Get [skillful and godly] wisdom! Acquire understanding [actively seek spiritual discernment, mature comprehension, and logical interpretation]!
Do not forget nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
“Do not [b]turn away from her (Wisdom) and she will guard ad protect you;
Love her, and she will watch over you.
“The beginning of wisdom is: Get [skillful and godly] wisdom [it is preeminent]!
And with all your acquiring, get understanding [actively seek spiritual discernment, mature comprehension, and logical interpretation].
“Prize wisdom [and exalt her], and she will exalt you;
She will honor you if you embrace her.
“She will place on your head a garland of grace;
She will present you with a crown of beauty and glory.”
Hear, my son, and accept my sayings,
And the years of your life will be many.
I have instructed you in the way of [skillful and godly] wisdom;
I have led you in upright paths.
When you walk, your steps will not be impeded [for your path will be clear and open];
And when you run, you will not stumble.
Take hold of instruction; [actively seek it, grip it firmly and] do not let go.
Guard her, for she is your life.
Do not enter the path of the wicked,
And do not go the way of evil men.
Avoid it, do not travel on it;
Turn away from it and pass on.
For the wicked cannot sleep unless they do evil;
And they are deprived of sleep unless they make someone stumble and fall.
For they eat the bread of wickedness
And drink the wine of violence.
But the path of the just (righteous) is like the light of dawn,
That shines brighter and brighter until [it reaches its full strength and glory in] the perfect day.
The way of the wicked is like [deep] darkness;
They do not know over what they stumble.
My son, pay attention to my words and be willing to learn;
Open your ears to my sayings.
Do not let them escape from your sight;
Keep them in the center of your heart.
For they are life to those who find them,
And healing and health to all their flesh.
Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life.
Put away from you a deceitful (lying, misleading) mouth,
And put devious lips far from you.
Let your eyes look directly ahead [toward the path of moral courage]
And let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you [toward the path of integrity].
Consider well and watch carefully the path of your feet,
And all your ways will be steadfast and sure.
Do not turn away to the right nor to the left [where evil may lurk];
Turn your foot from [the path of] evil.
HOW DO WE TRUST?
T = Trust the Promise/Take hold of God’s Word
R = Remain in Peace/Rest in the Pace
U = Unbelief instills Panic/Uninstall Deceitful Poison
S = Strengthen your Posture/Stand in Faith
T = Totally Fulfill Your Purpose/Time is N.O.W. to live Free & Abundantly
We are commissioned to be people of faith and obedience. The mantle of the Lord is upon us so that we can fully realize all the benefits of a divine relationship. When we rely unashamedly on what God says and ignore wholeheartedly on our own feelings, fears, and facts; then we will soar to the height of worship and liberty that only total T.R.U.S.T. breeds.
Let’s make this declaration to T.R.U.S.T. God in our journey. This means to grasp His Word, remain in peace while enduring your journey, unpack all negativity from our minds, steadfastly stand in faith, and then totally realize your purpose if you continue to T.R.U.S.T.
First, we must seek God where He can be found and that is in HIS word. He is the only truth that matters, and every other opinion is an alternative fact a.k.a. a lie to deny true life.
When we take God’s fact (His word of promise) out of our life we become deceived and are ruled by lies. Raul Ries provides in this message 5 Reasons Studying and Knowing God’s Word is pivotal for your life. The keys provided in this article are as follows:
- First, God’s word does not fail, whereas, other words are fleeting at times; God’s word can not fail and does accomplish all that it intends to accomplish eternally. Proverbs 30:5-6, “Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.” Isaiah 55:11 (KJV), “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” Realize that the word from God is pure truth, that stands the test of time, and includes no error in its precepts. His word cannot falter in being all encompassing for every encounter of our lives. Therefore, His word demands utmost respect, honor, and adherence so that we are not mislead by the changeable moral values of society or misinterpretations purported as prophetic doctrine. Know God’s word for yourself so that in all your ways you are stable, unmoved, and sound in mind. 1 Corinthians 15:58 (KJV), “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” Rely on the fact that God’s word never fails! Luke 1:37 (NIV), “For no word from God will ever fail.” You can also review a message from Steven J. Cole and listen to an audio message that solidifies why God’s word never fails by clicking on this link from Bible.org.
- Secondly, God’s word is whole and utterly complete. His word stands on its own and doesn’t need any additional commentary or interpretations. His word is the genuine authoritative message from our creator. This word is God’s ultimate Masterpiece that does not need any alterations. Revelation 22:18-19 (NIV), admonishes as a strong warning from God the following about his word, “For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
- The third key of studying God’s word is to be confident that His word is the absolute authority for all eternity. Psalms 119:89 (NIV) solidifies that God’s word is settled for all the ages, “Your word, LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.” We were created in God’s image and not the reverse order. With this said, we must acknowledge that God’s way is supreme and ultimate that surpasses anything conjured in the mind that a human entity can imagine. Numbers 23:19 (NIV) reiterates that God is the Supreme Creator of all mankind, “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” Hebrews 13:8 (NIV) reminds us that Jesus has never altered who He is, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Jesus is our salvation and entrance into God’s realm of relationship, kingdom, and reality. Jesus is our divine redemption and God’s word that has been made flesh for us to embrace, accept, and follow. John 1:14 (KJV), “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” James 1:17
- Fourth, we need to be confident that God’s word provides the directives for how every need we have is met by and through Him. God spoke our existence before we even took our first breath on this planet. God is the one who crafts the path for our feet to walk. Therefore, resolve that all needs are met in and through God. 2 Timothy 16 – 17 (NIV) shares this exact sentiment, All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” Jeremiah 29:11 Amplified Bible (AMP) continues to stamp that our existence was not a random act by God, “For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Ephesians 2:10 New Living Translation (NLT) tells us that God purposed us as His masterpiece, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” If God created our lives, then He is responsible to ensure our needs are met. As a parent, God wholeheartedly responds to every need we as his children have and provides it for us. Philippians 4:19 King James Version (KJV) affirms that God provides all our needs, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Trust the fact that God is not an infidel and that He owns up to his responsibilities. Don’t be disenchanted by human actions and lack of attending to parental duties. Just because someone has disappointed you and neglected their word towards you, this is absolutely not God’s way nor the way He conducts his provisions for our lives.
Dwell on the following: Matthew 6:26-34 New King James Version (NKJV):
“26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
Daily God provides a refreshing to equip us to continue. Lamentations 3:22-23 New International Version (NIV), “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Soak up God’s word of assurance, truth, and promise for your life so that you can completely enjoy your life to the fullest. Meditate upon Psalms 37 and remain confident that all of needs are met in and through God.
- The fifth truth about why studying and knowing God’s word is that His word accomplishes all that it sets out to do. Know that God does not make a mistake and He provides His word to instruct, assure, profit, and accomplish that which He predestined for our lives. Let’s marinate on His promise of truth for our lives. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV), “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” Remember whatever you face, the chaos, the challenges, the obstacles, the bumps and snags in your life do not negate that if God spoke a word to you that word from Him is the reality and is accomplished period. Isaiah 55:11 NIV confirms this fact from God, “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.
“God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
“Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As the droplets on the fresh grass And as the showers on the herb.
The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.
Confirming the word of His servant And performing the purpose of His messengers. It is I who says of Jerusalem, ‘She shall be inhabited!’ And of the cities of Judah, ‘They shall be built.’ And I will raise up her ruins again.
“I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, ‘My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’;
But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
“As for Me, this is My covenant with them,” says the LORD: “My Spirit which is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your offspring, nor from the mouth of your offspring’s offspring,” says the LORD, “from now and forever.”
“The anger of the LORD will not turn back Until He has performed and carried out the purposes of His heart; In the last days you will clearly understand it.
Let’s remain confident that God’s word will do what it says it does without disbelief. While we continue this journey to build our confidence up while abiding in God’s word remember the next step in the journey is to stay in peace. Here’s a taste of what this means from a previous message God laid on my heart when I undertook my first Master of Arts in New Media Journalism. Rest and Enjoy the journey!
Part Two will showcase the “R” in T.R.U.S.T. this will explore the following topic:
R = Remain in Peace/Rest in the Pace
(Remember in order to achieve ultimate Peace you must accept Jesus as your Lord and Personal Redeemer. He will guide you into perfect peace)
John 14:27 New International Version (NIV)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Berean Literal Bible
And the peace of God, surpassing all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
GOD’S WORD TO READ AND MEDITATE ON DURING YOUR JOURNEY:
Stand Firm in the Lord
…6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding, will guard yourhearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think on these things.…
“The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.
“After I had given the deed of purchase to Baruch the son of Neriah, then I prayed to the LORD, saying,
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.
2 Corinthians 10:5
We tear down arguments, and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons:
Whatever you have learned and received and heard from me, and seen in me, put these things into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
And my God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Greet all the saints in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send you greetings.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, for to this you were called as members of one body. And be thankful.
And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.